.Net Framework 3.5

woodchip 17:51 24 Dec 2009

the Above slows my Laptop right down at boot after upgrading this from Windows Updates

Version 3.5 can I remove it from Add Remove after I have installed all other updates and do I need it. As I have just restored a Acronis Image to get back to speed as I did not know what had slowed it down at loading windows. After getting to the Desktop it takes another 30 seconds for Icons to appear. This after slow boot into windows loading the guy

sunnystaines 17:56 24 Dec 2009

lots of software but not all software use .netframework to run correctly.

I would let it stay on the system

woodchip 17:59 24 Dec 2009

Don't like it slowing my Laptop loading down must take about 3 minutes to load, then it as to start loading wireless connection, this can take up to another minute

rdave13 18:04 24 Dec 2009

If XP I'd uninstall it and hide the update. If a program needs the 3.5 version on XP it should notify you.

chub_tor 19:29 24 Dec 2009

There seems to be some others with this problem, take a look at click here which was apparently solve by also going to click here

Merry Christmas from one old timer to another - I am signing out for the next two days.

woodchip 20:03 24 Dec 2009

I removed it and loaded all other security updated, now back to speed without Net Framework 3.5.

So will close this thread as Solved in one of my ways

woodchip 20:13 24 Dec 2009

I do think this is why I had to post the thread the other day about PCA being Frustrating. As now I have removed Net Framework 3.5 I have turned Java Script back on and its working okay so far

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?