NET Framework

TamiZ 21:48 29 Oct 2006

Having just had my computer back from repair, I now keep hitting a problem with doing any downloads, which includes updates of my anti-vrus software. My computer keeps saying that >NET Framework v1.1.4322 is not installed. Every time i try to do a download or work on the web, a message on its malfunction comes up, along with several messages about internal Error 2908. Can anybody advise me with what it all means and provide a solution to rectifying it as the mircrosoft website is pretty useless. I am running XP Home. Cheers.

Scouter 21:55 29 Oct 2006

link takes you to the support site at MS hope it helps

click here

Stuartli 22:58 29 Oct 2006

You can download Version 2 of iNETFramework from:

click here

There was also a patch for V2 but it may be included in this download. Version 1 at:

click here

TamiZ 20:51 31 Oct 2006

Thankis Scouter and Stuartli for your tips. My main problem is/was trying to get any program or anything to download, whether it be on from a CD, DVD or the Web. However, I revoved the whole .NET Framework manually from the computer and also removed components relating to my HP printer which ssemed to be getting in the way. This got over that problem allowing me to do some downloads, including my anti-virus programme updates. Now just got to work out how to get .NET Framework back on (if I really need it).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?