Net Framework 1,2,3

brundle 17:37 10 Aug 2007

I had to re-install XP recently, due to a hardware upgrade. I used MpegModifier (which requires NF 1.0) and it failed, as I hadn't installed NF1.0 - I downloaded and installed NF3 (click here) and it worked fine. This may not apply to all applications that require Net Framework, but there seems to be plenty of confusion over which version is required and there were lots of issues created by the latest MS update. Perhaps NF3 will perform all the functions of NF1.0, 1.1, 2.0 etc so you may be able to remove older versions.

mfletch 18:11 10 Aug 2007

Hi You can uninstall 1 and 2 if you are not using any programs that need them?

Some older programs still need 1 and espesally 2

mfletch

birdface 18:48 10 Aug 2007

As far as I can make out you only need Net Framework 3 if you have Vista Installed,You will probably have to Install 1.1 and 2.0.as far as I know all older versions are needed.

bluto1 19:55 10 Aug 2007

I've been searching in vain for a thread I started some time ago on the same subject. Can't find it, but the gist of it was 'do I need 1.1 and 2 if I've got 3?' and the answer was "yes" they each perform a different function. I do not know if that is true if you've got Vista.
Hope that helps

mfletch 11:15 11 Aug 2007

Hi It looks like you do need all of them?

Q: What happens when I install the .NET Framework 3.0? How can I upgrade if I already have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed?
A: When you install the .NET Framework 3.0, the installer will check to see whether you already have the .NET Framework 2.0 (released version) installed. If not, the .NET Framework 3.0 installer will install the .NET Framework 2.0 for you, and then install the new .NET Framework 3.0 components. If you do have the .NET Framework 2.0 installed, the .NET Framework 3.0 installer will only install the new components of the .NET Framework 3.0.

click here

mfletch

brundle 15:33 11 Aug 2007

Thanks, useful reading. It seems 3 installs 2.0, I'll leave it and see if anything fails to work due to lack of NF1...

birdface 15:49 11 Aug 2007

Next Microsoft up-dates on Tuesday and it will probably download N/F1 for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?