Net Book

morddwyd 07:54 01 Jul 2010

My wife has decided she wants a netbook, literally just for the bedside so that she can quickly get on line for reference.

She is disabled and only has the use of one arm.

I am thinking of an HP 210-1004a, at around £250.

Any better recommendations in that price range?

mgmcc 08:35 01 Jul 2010

Samsung have gained a very good reputation for their Netbooks - click here-[Netbook_Generic]&mctag=gg_goog_7904&gclid=CPWZ3srgyaICFYssDgodzXPRyA

morddwyd 10:02 01 Jul 2010

Thanks. I've already done a pretty comprehensive web search, which is how I settled on the HP in the first place.

I was actually looking for personal recommendations.

I already have a Samsung ultra portable, and an HP laptop. Of the two I prefer the HP.

woodchip 10:29 01 Jul 2010

I have a Samsung nc10 could not have bought better. Up to 8 hour battery life 160 gig hard drive mineas XP home but you can get them now with Win7

Longhouse 13:00 01 Jul 2010

Asus Eee PC bought from click here for £217 (a 2GB ram module and DVD-RW at the same time for around £290 all in). Can't fault it so far. Bought it to use on a job in Africa (light on hand luggage).

Excellent keyboard, good (matt) screen - no reflections, robust build and best price (spec for pound was better than others). I went and tried a few out for comfort and build quality before I bought. I have to add that I liked the HP netbooks I saw but check the screen, glossy screens give bad reflections and can be uncomfortable on the eyes.

Longhouse

ella33 13:09 01 Jul 2010

I don't actually have the netbook but I am an HP person too, I find my laptop very reliable and problem free. If/when I go for a netbook, I would most likely go for HP.
I have heard good reports of the samsung NC10 as well, especially the good battery life, as Woodchip said. Many students prefer it for that reason.

onthelimit 13:13 01 Jul 2010

Yes, my vote goes for the Sammy NC10 - I've had it for nearly a year and (apart from limited wireless range - cured by changing the card) I've been very satisfied with it.

tonyq 16:34 01 Jul 2010

morddwyd,
this web site may help you decide.
click here

shellship 17:21 01 Jul 2010

Like Longhouse I would recommend Asus Eee. I bought my wife one of the first ones and we use it for just the sort of thing that morrddwyd's wife needs it.

morddwyd 20:29 01 Jul 2010

Thanks everybody.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?