.NET 2.0 needed for seatools?

hiwatt 11:20 24 Aug 2009

Morning folks.
I'm trying to run seagates seatools for windows as I think my hardrive could be on the way out.When I try to install it it says "this program requires .NET framework 2.0 or greater" and wont install.Is there another program just as good I could use instead?Would I need this .NET 2.0 for anything else?Thanks.

Stuartli 11:35 24 Aug 2009

Q

Stuartli 11:38 24 Aug 2009

Quote:

".NET Framework is a library of routines intended for use by most Windows applications. It is included with Windows Server 2008 and Vista, and is also available for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP SP2."

Anyone with an ATi graphics card could well require .NET Framework for use with the Catalyst software.

It won't do any hard to install .NET Framework, especially as it is required by Seatools.

click here

Stuartli 11:40 24 Aug 2009

Latest version is 3.5:

click here

plus update:

click here

hiwatt 18:05 24 Aug 2009

I done a windows update choosing the "custom" option and .NET 3.5 was offered.I installed it,it took a while and ran the seatools program.Quite often when booting my computer I'm getting "boot disc failure boot from cd and pres enter" and I have to switch on and off a few times before windows will boot.I feared the worst but my hardrive just passed all the basic tests with seatools.How acurate is this program,does anyone know?

Stuartli 18:35 24 Aug 2009

Try running CheckDisk (ChkDsk).

Go to My Computer>highlight your hard drive>right click>Properties>Tools tab>click Check Now button>tick both boxes>OK and then immediately Reboot your system.

GaT7 18:38 24 Aug 2009

If you fear your hard drive may be on its way out, don't hesitate to do a thorough backup of its contents to another drive or suitable media.

I reckon SeaTools is fairly accurate. Also try the free version of HD Tune click here for a second opinion. Run a thorough disk check. G

hiwatt 19:00 24 Aug 2009

I ran the chkdsk first Stuartli.Where do you find the report of the errors it finds,if any?Crossbow7.I've got most of my files backed up.I just need to get windows backed up.I'll run HD tune and see what that says.Thanks.

hiwatt 15:06 25 Aug 2009

I ran the HD Tune program and that too found no problems with the health of the drive being ok.So I'm not sure what's causing these errors with the drive.It's as if the computer is not "seeing" the hardrive sometimes when booting.

Stuartli 15:25 25 Aug 2009

Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer.

A window should appear with various logs detaled on the left; click on Application.

On the right side will be a long list of entries; look for Winlogon and open it.

It will/should have the information found in ChkDsk.

I have DriveSMART installed in order to check my hard drive on a regular basis:

click here

hiwatt 15:45 25 Aug 2009

There are various errors and warnings and information entries but none at all for win logon.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?