nero?cheapest deal?

moby58 00:17 05 Apr 2007

due to an avi problem i need to upgrade my "nero".ive got nero 7 start smart which came loaded on the computer already [plus a disc which i havent used/no serial number]ive been told to upgrade to nero 7.7.5.1 -is this nero reloaded?its going to cost £30.59 thru the nero website for nero reloaded..is this what i should pay,or are there alternatives?nero buffs help with info please!

Snec 01:51 05 Apr 2007

Hi moby58, if you are having problems with Nero or having to spend more money I suggest you try CDBurnerxp PRO. It's free and although I have Nero I tend to use CDBurnerxp PRO most of the time. BTW, don't let the name fool you, it does burn DVDs as well as CDs.

click here

MAJ 07:22 05 Apr 2007

What avi problem are you having, moby58? I suspect it might be that you're missing the MPEG-4 codec. Download the K-lite Codec pack click here see if that cures your avi burning problems.

moby58 09:38 05 Apr 2007

avi problem is...windows media player wont play "avis",only the audio part!i also get an error msg "com surrogate has stopped working"...on further investigation ive been advised i need to upgrade nero to sort it.other suggestions are a bit too advanced for me to tinker with...all to do with windows vista!so i just wanted to double check the price of nero wasnt flexible!

Stuartli 09:41 05 Apr 2007

As it's an OEM version, you should be able to update your current version of Nero7 merely by visiting click here and downloading the update.

moby58 09:45 05 Apr 2007

ive got a link on my desk top [that came with pc]"nero online upgrade"...so i assumed that i would have to use that?[costing £30.59]didnt think it would be free!shall try that link thanks..whats the difference on the installed upgrade link?just tryin to make more money?

Stuartli 10:44 05 Apr 2007

My original OEM copy of Nero (Version5) which came with a TDK CD-RW drive was freely updated via the Nero website as and when necessary.

The same applied to Nero5.5 and now Nero6.

You can only update a current version of Nero. If you move up a version (i.e. Nero6 to Nero7) then you have to initially pay for the software (unless it comes with a rewriter).

An example of free updating, for instance, is to buy a low cost copy of Nero from BigPockets, SVC or similar outlet and update it via the website up to the latest version of that series.

Stuartli 10:45 05 Apr 2007

You install it over the current version on your system.

moby58 11:06 05 Apr 2007

thanks very much for all that info...invaluable!cheers.im downloading it now.

Dipso 16:05 05 Apr 2007

I downloaded a Nero 7 update last night...it was 245 Meg or so. Good job my allowance has increased!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?