Nero6(xp)Help Please

[email protected] 21:32 31 Jul 2004

hi all,a little problem with nero6,vision express.I am ripping various file types to vcd.i am using the option to create chapters which seem to burn ok but when i try to play them in my sony wega dvd player i can only ff at x1,x2.i cant pre select the chapters ive created.player flashes up play without PBC,it will then still play but only ff at x1,x2. helppppppppppppppp

Chegs ® 22:49 31 Jul 2004

Try viewing them with another player,Nero Vision isn't exactly the best player,there are several others to choose from.

[email protected] 22:57 31 Jul 2004

no ,theyre fine within nero it self,its the dvd thats the problem (i had heard that sony dvd's in particular are a bit tempramental),although your sugestion would establish weather the chapters have burned or not,i find divx good at the moment,any other sugestions Chegs ® ,like the little r,any idea where i can find the character map in xp

Chegs ® 22:59 31 Jul 2004

Start/Run and type " charmap "

[email protected] 23:04 31 Jul 2004

????? 'windows cannot find charmap' ?????

Chegs ® 23:30 31 Jul 2004

Type it without quotes,or Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools,it should be there.

[email protected] 23:33 31 Jul 2004

nope Chegs ®,its not there

Chegs ® 23:36 31 Jul 2004

Then you need your XP CD and Add/Remove,Windows Components and add it from there(I think)

THE TERMINATOR 23:43 31 Jul 2004

Does your remote for the DVD player have a search button? Try pressing this and it should bring up your chapters, if it brings up search in TIME mode, press it again to bring up chapters mode....TT

[email protected] 00:02 01 Aug 2004

hi terminator,dvds not seeing chapters,may have to follow Chegs ® idea of a different player for the pc to establish weather the chapters are there,all there in nero pre-burn demo where you flick through,are chapters compatable with VideoCD's

Chegs ® 00:06 01 Aug 2004

I just noticed the VCD bit of your post,I dont think it will still have chapters after conversion to vcd(but I'm often wrong) :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?