Nero Wave Editor

PAHD 15:22 01 Nov 2004

I am new to using Nero to record from any music source and am having trouble in recording anything! After opening Nero I click on File>New and then select record, from the bottom of the window. Sample Format Settings pops up and I select 4410 Sample Rate and 16 Bit Depth>Ok Recording Console pops up and I select Overwrite Existing Recording> Record. The counter springs into life and when I have recorded enough I select OK. I then select play all, and the vertical line goes across the screen but nothing is played back. What am I doing wrong?
I am on XP Home and the version of Nero is 5 but I have tried Version 6 and it's exactly the same

nick_j007 15:59 01 Nov 2004

Volume turned up? :-)

PAHD 16:45 01 Nov 2004

Yes, volume up to max.

PAHD 17:28 01 Nov 2004

You got me thinking, when you mentioned volume, it was the recording level that needed adjusting. All ok now, thanks for the idea.

David4637 20:04 01 Nov 2004

When you are recording you should see a graphical display bar of both channels which you should see jumping up and down to the audio. If you can't see it, its probably because you have not got enough audio level going into your sound card. I had this when using W98SE and nero5. Try using the mic input on the sound card. It won't sound very good when you play it back, but it will confirm whether you need a larger sound input when using the line input socket. Good luck David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017