nero for vista

peterh1 12:35 18 Dec 2008

could some-one please tell me which version of nero works best for my laptop please has i have tryed most dvd suites and have been told this is the best...only some versions dont work on vista and version 9 is over massive on resources for my laptop only have 25GB left and want to try and keep around 20GB thanking ya all for the in put>>>

CLONNEN 13:13 18 Dec 2008

Forget Nero and just use Deepburner Portable on your laptop instead.

click here

It is Free and will work on external Flash Drives, USB sticks/drives as well as ordinary hard drives and network drives.

CLONNEN 13:13 18 Dec 2008

Deepburner Portable is very small - 2.8 mb only

sunnystaines 13:45 18 Dec 2008

nero 8 upwards, nero 7 can be problematic, nero is is resource hog these days though.

Pine Man 13:49 18 Dec 2008

I am using Nero 7 on Vista and have no problem whatsoever. In fact it is the 'Essentials' version which came free with a new DVD player.

On the basis that Nero 7 works ok I suppose it is fairly safe to assume that later versions will also work.

peterh1 16:41 18 Dec 2008

Thankyou very much guysNgirls for the advice i'll take it on board and see how i go...just has a last not nero seems to get slagged off alot on other forums when it comes to vista user..but hey what ever cap fits and all that.

palinka 17:45 18 Dec 2008

Why do you ned Nero (or anything else ) - Vista has it's own method of saving to disk, etc.Right click on the file and choose "Send to..."

Pine Man 19:19 18 Dec 2008

Because Nero can do one or two tiny little things that Vista can't and some people actually need;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?