Nero Vision Express 3

pj123 17:58 05 Mar 2006

I have two computers, both running Win 98SE.

Both have an LG DVD burner and both are running Nero burn 6.6.1.4 and NVE 3.1.0.16

On this computer if I try to run Nero Vision Express I get lots of error messages, Like:

GCCapture.ax could not be registered.

Same with:

GCCore.dll, GCFilter.ax, GCFX.dll, GCHWl.dll, GCLib.dll, Nerovision.exe and nerovisionapi.dll

On my other computer everything is running OK no error messages at all?

jimv7 18:36 05 Mar 2006

Reinstall nero.

pj123 11:25 06 Mar 2006

Thanks jimv7, done that at least 3 times, still the same result.

Even got a whole A4 page via email from Nero giving instructions using their NVE Clean-Tool but that didn't make any difference either.

Have emailed Nero again to tell them that and have they any other solution. Awaiting reply.

pj123 12:56 10 Mar 2006

Got an email from Nero today. Unfortunately, it is the very same one as before (see above).

Still doesn't help.

jimv7 14:10 10 Mar 2006

Have you got any adaptec/roxio burning software installed, or have you installed 'incd' with nero. these are known to cause problems for some run in conjunction with nero.

pj123 15:08 10 Mar 2006

jimv7, simple answer to that is "No".

Don't like InCD and I never format CDRW disks anymore, learnt my lesson a couple of years ago.

Looks like I will have to give up NVE on this PC and use the other one. I can always port across anything from this one to the other that need NVE.

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:16 10 Mar 2006

Did the previous version of Nero work on your comps - if you hade previous versions that is, only DVD shrink don't seem to like 6.6.1.4 either, had to go back to 6.6.0.8 to make it work at the burn stage. This is with Xp though. Saw some other thread where the same error message cropped up.

pj123 15:58 10 Mar 2006

Hertz Van Rentyl, now there's a thought. Yes I did have earlier versions of Nero and I still have the original Nero CDs. The earlier versions started with version 5xxx and later version 6xxx which had Nero VisionExpress version 2 and they worked OK. I do also have DVD Shrink. I will try re-installing the original CD that came with my DVD burner.

Hertz Van Rentyl 17:25 10 Mar 2006

Still get update to 6.3.x.x if you do not have them saved
click here

pj123 17:50 10 Mar 2006

Hertz Van Rentyl, thanks again. Just downloaded them. Will give that a try and let you know.

pj123 12:29 13 Mar 2006

Well, looks like NVE is a dead loss on this computer for some reason.

I have tried going back to the earliest version I have (NVE 2) but still getting the same problems. Will use the other computer for anything that needs NVE.

Thanks.

Ticked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone