Nero V6 OEM software & Problem with DVD copy

Giggle n' Bits 20:18 03 Oct 2004

ok, I am a bit confused here but when copying a DVD Film it gives the error "copy write protection" unable to continue etc.

The DVD Wrtr is a x4 Lite-On +/- drive. It did come with Sonic DVD but I got a nero as I prefer it to be better.

Is it the case I need to do the Nero updates for this software or am I doing something badly wrong.

I got a bit lost at nero site. Something about the DVD being bigger than a blank DVD-R CD Lost & Help please.

bremner 20:21 03 Oct 2004

The DVD is Copyright protected and Nero will not burn because of that.

Giggle n' Bits 20:28 03 Oct 2004

What films can you copy for your own use, say if you have a in car DVD player.

Is there a software or a way to copy/burn a DVD to DVD ? seems a bit daft having a DVD wrtr if it won't burn DVD's.

bremner 20:31 03 Oct 2004

You will need spomething like DVD Shrink. click here

This will allow you to back up your DVD's in case the original gets damaged.

PSF 20:31 03 Oct 2004

click here

Use this program to back up DVDs, if they get damaged in the car you still have the original.

Giggle n' Bits 21:29 03 Oct 2004

What I want to do is copy one of my purchased DVD Films and put it onto a Blank DVD Disk.

So looking at the DVD Shrink software why carn't the Nero so it ? Is it because of the DVD film original is copy protected or the film is bigger than a Blank DVD Disk or I am using the wrong copy Software?.

How do does the DVD shrink software work ? will read about it see if I can work it out but will call back.

Giggle n' Bits 21:34 03 Oct 2004

a page with about 14 different downloads and something called DVD Copy. really confused about which and where to download.

PSF 21:44 03 Oct 2004

click here Download the New version which is Ver 3.2. DVD Shrink will back up any DVD.

You have a choice of what you want to put on the DVD eg leave off foreign languages
I have put a 6.9GB film onto a 4.7GB DVD. DVD shrink does as it says it shrinks the film to fit.

All the links are for the same version.

It takes about 50 minutes to back-up a film.

PSF 21:47 03 Oct 2004

click here For information on how to back-up your DVD's

Giggle n' Bits 22:01 03 Oct 2004

sorry but all this new tech stuff changes to fast.

Thank you again.

SEASHANTY 22:22 03 Oct 2004

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?