Is Nero v. 5.5 compatible with XP?

brian132 05:44 24 May 2003

I am going to buy Nero 5.5 as read about here recently. I use Win XP. Any problems with it? Thanks.

Lead 05:54 24 May 2003

I'm currently using the most up to date version downloaded from their website (forget which number) with XP Pro - no problems at all.

-pops- 06:43 24 May 2003

Don't pay over the odds for your Nero click here

Then go to the Nero site and update it to the latest version click here

There are no problems between Nero and XP. Be careful about having Roxio burning software installed at the same time though - best to use one or the other and I would suggest Nero.

Brian

goonerbill 06:55 24 May 2003

as the others have said, nothing wrong with nero in XP as long as you download the update from AHEAD's web site.

hoverman 07:26 24 May 2003

My Evesham PC came with XP pre-installed and the OEM version of Nero 5.5 - no problems when I installed Nero.

uskfisherman 11:16 24 May 2003

Sneaking in here.... I have a Aopen rewriter which came with what I am told is a "bundled" version os Nero 5.5. I seem to trember when I fitted this I had Nero 5.5 already installed and I had problems until I uninstalled and Installed the bundled version. I have always been confused about bundles.. does this mean I can never used this writer with Nero 5.5 with updates? Any suggestions please. Apologies to Bian 2 for muscleing in.

MartinT-B 11:19 24 May 2003

I have the 5.5.9.8 version bundled with my Plextor and it works perfectly with XP Pro

cream. 11:49 24 May 2003

I would also add that Nero is by far the best against roxio.

But you can use both side by side if you have the latest updates for both.

click here

The important thing being you install the software that came with the burner first, then get the latest patch.

In my opinion Nero is the best but Roxio does have some usefull extras.

ps A bit of overkill, but I also have clone C\D running as well.

hoverman 12:32 24 May 2003

I assume that by 'bundled' you are referring to the OEM version. I have successfully downloaded and installed all updates to Nero 5.5. which detected that I had an authorised OEM version installed. Currently on version 5.5.10.28.

brian132 18:06 24 May 2003

Thanks all for help. Pops - two questions.
1. The first site you recommended has a few versions to offer , which one should I buy- the £4.99 one?
2.The second site - Nero site- I couldn't see an upgrade llink. Any thoughts?

david.h 19:21 24 May 2003

nero works better with xp cd writer disabled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?