NERO OEM

Gofers 19:36 13 Aug 2006

I have just had to reinstal my windows xp because of problems with computer - however I have managed to get all downloads and updates sorted but I cannot get Nero OEM cd to run. This disc came with HP DVD840e lightscribe and has only been used the once originally, however if the start up screen does come up it then freezes the computer. Have tried to download it from My Computer correct drive and it just causes faults and errors on My Computer and I have to eject disc. Any help would be most appreciated.

Stuartli 20:46 13 Aug 2006

Is Nero still listed in Add/Remove Programs?

If so, uninstall it and then try reinstalling the program.

Stuartli 20:47 13 Aug 2006

I was assuming you had done a Repair XP in this case...:-)

Gofers 09:52 14 Aug 2006

Hi - No I didnt repair it - totally reinstalled computer discs!!! Quite proud of myself up to this point as I havent got much of a clue what I am doing! Just brought the disc to work however and tried it on DVD here - it doesnt work so problem solved! need a new NERO OEM disc - any ideas where I can get it from? Thanks for replying

BRYNIT 11:04 14 Aug 2006

Nero 6 OEM click here

Stuartli 11:09 14 Aug 2006

There's no certainty that obtaining another Nero OEM disk will cure the problem - such disks are often keyed/tied to the particular rewriter you have bought, although I've not heard of difficulties using the SVP supplied disk.

However, having said that, my TDK Nero Version5 OEM disk from four or five years ago could be readily updated on the Ahead website and I still have a copy of the final version, 5.5.10.56.

Been using Nero6 Reloaded almost since it came out and it does all that I personally require.

Gofers 11:12 14 Aug 2006

Thanks for your help, we have a disc at work which I wil try, just want to be able to reload all my back up discs ! Will try the links if need be - thanks you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?