nero and imap

pinnicat 19:11 26 Jun 2004

Hi gang.
I am trying to open nero burning from desktop on xp and i am being told that another application is using my burning engine (imap)..who, what, where, how..i have nothing else running..in fact i got nothing running.. as nero just refuses to open.
thank-you

stalion 19:13 26 Jun 2004

what os?if xp you need yo disable windows own burning software

pinnicat 19:21 26 Jun 2004

yes it is xp and the prog has run previous to now. so what's the next step Sir?

stalion 19:28 26 Jun 2004

try ctrl,alt,del to see if anything else is running in task manager

pinnicat 19:30 26 Jun 2004

First thing I did..nowt...and barely using 2% cpu so nothing going on , on the quiet.

stalion 19:38 26 Jun 2004

go to run,type msconfig,startup, and check the programs you have listed nero should be there make sure it is ticked

woodchip 19:42 26 Jun 2004

click here Are you on BB

pinnicat 21:00 26 Jun 2004

thanks so far...when i ran a start up tidy, i rebooted and up she popped, but it was already in start up menu. between that project and avscan i'm a bit behind you..i will respond shortly...am on bb..thanks again peeps.mik

Sans le Sou 21:52 26 Jun 2004

Imapi CD burning is XPs own burner software. You can turn it to manual in administrative tools if it is set to automatic.

Sans le Sou 21:59 26 Jun 2004

Control panel/admin tools/services/Imapi cd burning/right click/properties/see if it is started. If you want to stop it click stop after the right click instead of properties

pinnicat 22:20 26 Jun 2004

i just took the long dark journey into cdburning imapi...is this wise..will i be ABLE TO RE -ESTABLISH IF IT LOUSES THINGS UP.?
i'm a little nervouse and waiting on your every command.
cheers mik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?