Nero freezes my PC mid CDR burn

Jem 18:45 30 Nov 2004

I have recently installed Nero OEM Suite with Nero Express v. 6.3.1.12. Can't get it to burn a CD-R disc.

Symptoms are: I'm trying to write an audio CD-R from a .wav file compilation; the simulation run works fine but when burning the PC freezes (clock, everything stops) at 54%. As PC freezes, no error message. Have repeated several times with same result including uninstalling Roxio CD Creator4 (original tool) and then re-installing Nero.

Yet, when I ran same project using a CD-RW disk the burn went OK!

My CD writer is Samsung CD-R/RW SW-408B. OS is Windows ME.

Any ideas what could be wrong? E.g. Should I update my firmware, should I download Nero updates? (slightly nervous about fiddling and making things worse) Thanks.

john-232317 19:58 30 Nov 2004

If it runs on a rw disc maybe it doesn`t like the flavour of the other ones. ;-) try a different make. Some writers are really fussy.

oseven 20:00 30 Nov 2004

I use a Nero oem wihout any problems,only thing missing as opposed to full version is that you cannot burn mp3.
Get the updates,you should be on 6.3.1.17.,as there was some conflict with SP2 I believe.
Then try a CD cleaning disc in you Cd writer.About £5 from Tesco.

Jem 20:02 02 Dec 2004

Thanks.

I've tried 2 different types of CD-R discs and the same writer did burn both these in the past with other burning software.

Will try updating altho I'm on Win ME and the CD cleaning disc. Plus maybe the Ahead Driver-Clean tool which I see was recommended on an earlier post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone