Nero express and mp3PRO plugin problem

STeam Squirrel 23:21 24 Mar 2003

Hello again
Still trying to create mp3 files from my CD collection. Tried CDex not impressed i have to say so its been deleted. Since discovered mp3PRO plugin on Nero Express software that came with CD Rewriter, sounds good, but there doesn't seem to be any instructions with Nero Express with respect to how to use the plugin, so learning the hard way. When an audio cd is inserted and 'save to HD' selected i am then asked to make sure I'm online before it will start, so i connec and the program freezes and i cant get the cd drawer to open, eventually having to use the emergency eject then re-start the computer to get Nero to respond / re-open ?! I've tried going online first doesn't make a difference. Anybody got a scooby , cos i haven't ??!

ton 03:09 25 Mar 2003

There are instructions on using mp3/mp3pro in the Nero help files, under additional modules. Unless you have paid for the mp3pro plugin you will only be able to use it a few times. I have found it to be very good, with files that are half the size, yet sound just as good or even better than mp3.

leo49 10:51 25 Mar 2003

As ton says,unless you've coffed up for the plug-in there is a limitation in Nero. I believe you can do what you want in Windows Media Player but as I abhor it, I don't have it on my PC so can't check.

Preference is for dbpowerAmp converter[use CD Grab facility for CD to MP3/Wav/wma]- great freeware offering a wide range of choice over conversion quality and extremely easy to use.

click here

Regards

€dstow 10:54 25 Mar 2003

I made two listings of MP3 converters recently - have a look in the archives.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?