Nero DVD printing labels

WallyD 16:57 28 Jun 2008

I have an HP psc1317 all in one printer. This was handed down to me from my Daughter with no instruction book etc.I have used this for copying ,printing with no bother untill I printed a DVD cover label.I,m using Nero prog and If I use plain paper the label comes out fine BUT if I use a glossy paper its offset up about half an inch.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Same type paper and same commands

Pamy 17:06 28 Jun 2008

Are you saying that if you print using plain paper then insert glossy paper without makng ANY alterations the print does not come out in the same position? (leaving printer set for plain paper)

FatboySlim71 17:15 28 Jun 2008

"if I use a glossy paper its offset up about half an inch."

Correct me if I'm wrong but is the glossy paper not referring to photo paper? if so then the half inch off set could be the white border you get around some pictures.

Pamy 17:21 28 Jun 2008

I think that the size of a peice of paper is the same weather it has a glossy finish or not

WallyD 17:24 28 Jun 2008

I change the selector to glossy when I use it and thats all.I can follow up with a plain paper(change to plain) and it pops out spot on
Beats me
cheers

WallyD 17:26 28 Jun 2008

I have now found the instruction book on the internet and will see if I cvan become any wiser
That border tip might have something in it but if I leave it on plain and try both papers the gloosy is still kaput
mant thanks

WallyD 17:28 28 Jun 2008

Yes Pamy the papers are identical type but for the coating

Pamy 17:30 28 Jun 2008

Perhaps glossy paper is slipping to start with?

WallyD 17:37 28 Jun 2008

I also thought of it slipping but the offset is so precise and exact each time
I will soldier on for a while but it looks as if the Brother in law will be receiving a pack of gloosy labels free of charge
mant thanks

Pamy 17:41 28 Jun 2008

Can you make allowence for it some way?

WallyD 17:45 28 Jun 2008

Will let you know if I resolve this
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?