Nero For DVD Editing

David4637 14:07 28 Aug 2006

I currently use Pinnacle Studio 943 to edit non commercial DVDs, but on long videos up to 2 hours I get video out of sync with audio (1-2 seconds), and the rendering is nearly 2 hours longer than real time. 3.2GHz, 512MB RAM.
I have Nero 5.5 but it does not cater for DVDs.
If I used Nero6614 would I have a better editor for creating menus, creating menu buttons, adding transitions, audio fades, timeline amendments etc than if I used Pinnacle Studio?
Have you any other options? Thanks David

1887 14:12 28 Aug 2006

Try Alcohol 120 mate

pj123 16:11 28 Aug 2006

Had the same problem with Pinnacle 9.4

Pinnacle advised to download the latest patch, it is 70mb. Done that and everything seems to be OK now.

Have you tried the patch? click here

Scroll to the bottom for the full version.

David4637 14:43 29 Aug 2006

Thanks for your replies - I have d/l the Studio 9.4.3 Patch (FULL version) 69 MB patch already.

I am really interested to know whether you think Nero V6 is as good from an editing point of view as Pinnacle Studio V943 IS?? Thanks David

jbaker65 15:25 29 Aug 2006

Go to uLead Video Studio and you will have no problems.

David4637 16:45 30 Aug 2006

Have you used Ulead to import/ edit DVDs (non commercial), for creating menus, creating menu buttons, adding transitions, audio fades, timeline amendments etc, then exported them to a DVD (VOBs), with a reasonable render time? If you have I may consider your prog. As you know its difficult to find out these details without someone elses experiences? Thanks David

GroupFC 19:14 30 Aug 2006

You can d/load a fully functioning 30 day trial of Ulead VideoStudio from click here

I did and have recently just purchased it - I made some very acceptable (to me anyway!) DVD's with the trial s/ware and thought it was worth the money! I am still finding my way around the program and I am not sure if it can do all that you want - it certainly has an import from DVD function.

As to the render time, I think that that will depend as much on your PC, as the program.

Why not download a trial and give at road test?

David4637 22:22 30 Aug 2006

I would still like some one to say whether Nero V6 can import / edit DVDs (non commercial), for creating menus, creating menu buttons, adding transitions, audio fades, timeline amendments etc, then export the edits to a DVD (VOBs), with a reasonable render time?
I require an answer on Nero before I consider ULead Studio.
Thanks David

GroupFC 22:30 30 Aug 2006

"I require an answer on Nero before I consider ULead Studio" - I could never get on with Nero myself but why not evaulate them both and then decide which one better suits your purposes?

terryf 22:42 30 Aug 2006

If you use DVD RW, you could experiment without making possible coasters :-)

David4637 13:58 31 Aug 2006

Already use DVD RW to test out editting before going to DVD R. Others may benefit from this point. Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone