Nero Copy disc image

baldyx 16:01 18 May 2007

I created a disc image on the hard drive using Nero Express.
When I try to copy that image on to a Dual Layer disk using Nero Express by using the copy image option ,it keeps giving me message 'The disc is not empty, insert empty one' eventhough I have tried with three empty discs.
The disc Info option of the Nero express actually recognises the disc to be empty yet the copy operation does not!

Please give me ideas around this problem.

ICF 16:47 18 May 2007

Have you got two drives installed?
Have you selected the correct drive?

baldyx 17:10 18 May 2007

I have an internal and one external drive. The external dvd writer is not switched on.

ICF 17:52 18 May 2007

The early versions of Nero 6 did not support dual layer burning.

Have you tried to update click here

baldyx 18:16 18 May 2007

Hi,
I have tried a fourth DL disk which has been written so far up to 66% and seems to have stuck at that point!

So my Nero express does write to DL disks.

May be the the other DL disks I used were faulty.

Thanks all for your responses.

eedcam 19:03 18 May 2007

Maybe something to do with the layer break.Try using imgburn free to burn your image better suited than Nero

baldyx 12:49 20 May 2007

What's a layer break? When I try the Imgburn to write a dual layer disk, it asks me to select a layer break from three displayed . How do I decide which one to select?

eedcam 19:30 20 May 2007

Asfar as I know it the transition twixt the first and second layer. On Commercial films you often see the the note a slifgth shudder may occur during layer change . Or words to that effect .In Imgburn go to tools> settings > write and tick optimal settings for layer break

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?