NERO, TO CHANGE OR NOT???

blackpat 10:35 04 Jan 2006

(Windows xp home) I have Nero version 4.0.9.5 That I have had for about 5 years (it came in a package with the old tiny computor for windows 95/98. I have always had varying degrees of problems with it, but have managed to burn the things I wanted eventually, but lately it seems to be getting worse and sometimes just rejects the brand new blank cd.. I have had windows xp for over a year. Do you think it's time for me to get a newer version of nero?
Thanks.
Blackpat.

Diodorus Siculus 10:41 04 Jan 2006

Version 6 OEM can be picked up for less than a tenner - or free if you mail me and I'll send you an unwanted version. I bought a couple of DVD writers, both coming with Nero 6 but I don't need both copies of nero.

Click on the envelope by my name if you want it. I'm going out now for a few hours but will get back sometime later.

blackpat 20:26 04 Jan 2006

Diodorus, thanks very much for your offer, that was very kind of you. I went shopping this afternoon and called in pc world, where they had the Roxio easy media creator suit 8 on offer (£39.99 instead of the usual £59.99) so I treated myself to one. It's supposed to do everything including washing the dishes !! :>). I'l put it on the computor tomorrow and hope it will solve my problems. Thanks very much for your kindness,
Regards, Blackpat.

LivEviL 20:28 04 Jan 2006

nero prem verso 7 is very good! download trials of the software its alot more stable then it used to be!

Diodorus Siculus 21:16 04 Jan 2006

Pity you didn't see Nero 7 Premium - that was down to £30 in PCW the last week or so :-)

blackpat 05:44 05 Jan 2006

I did see nero 7 premium, but it was £59.99, so I must have missed the nero offer :>(

Diodorus Siculus 08:06 05 Jan 2006

The offer must have ended. I posted here last week to ask if it was worth upgrading from version 6 and the consensus seemed to be that it wasn't.

Roxi is highly capable anyway and will do all that you want with ease.

blackpat 06:50 06 Jan 2006

Thanks for your help and advice all, I'm much obliged
Blackpat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?