Nero burns MUCH slower with my discs when.......

theDarkness 11:28 30 Oct 2006

Ive noticed Nero burns much slower with my discs when Ive got the burning speed setting on max (16x).. and with hundreds of small files as the main disc contents- 30 mins into it and its only just hitting 40%? Ive been told that the reason is because of this (that im burning loads of small files -photoshop images/photos- onto one single layer dvd), that its very slow, but Im certain that when I did the same thing before at 12x it didnt take anywhere near as long?

Could it be my drive? Verification has been switched off both times ive tried burning these files, but it seems odd that even when it states 16x, it takes a long time.. just over one hour? My drive can definately support 16x dvd-r, and the discs are verbatim 16x certified dvd-r. I guess I will need to waste many discs to compare and truly know for sure! anyone know if its the hundreds of files that can slow down the burning process, even though its stated that its currently burning at maximum? thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:46 30 Oct 2006

files should be buffered therefore as long as buffer does not empty (files are loade to bufer as fast as being written to disk), then it should be faster at 16x than 12x

theDarkness 12:07 30 Oct 2006

its just finished burning, i turned verification on at the last min at its seemed to work ok, no error messages? nero buffering is set to automatic, but the file cache is set to 25mb reserved hd space on my hd?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?