Nero Burning Video Files Out of Sync

lewis187 00:27 03 Jun 2005

I use 'NeroVision Express 2' to burn *.avi files to dvds and create menus etc, and though the burning goes to plan and succeeds; as the film plays, the sound gradually becomes more and more out of sync with the picture until, at times, you hear what is being said over 30 seconds before it is on screen!
I updated Nero and updated the ASPI driver though wondered if anyone knew anything else that would maybe fix the problem? Thanks.

DerekR 01:13 03 Jun 2005

If you encoded to Nero Digital before burning, you will get this happening when you attempt to burn to DVD - when it happened to me, I just stopped encoding to Nero Digital, and let the program transcode normally for your avi or whatever format files.

Result? Great DVD's

I don't know why Nero Digital does that, but it does. Maybe something to do with the difference between PAL and NTSC formats. Maybe another more knowlegable geek knows the answer!!

jimv7 01:13 03 Jun 2005

Try the divx codec from click here

and the klite codecs from click here

ACOLYTE 10:28 03 Jun 2005

You could try this click here load up your avi file and change it to a dvd file it will also try to get everythink in sync,but how good the finished product will be depends on how bad the audio/video is out of sync,then burn the finished result to disc,it may take a while to sync everthing together and copy from avi to dvd but you may get a better result after.I should say the free version of dvdsanta puts a logo on the finished article,but if you can live with that its quite a good program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017