Nero backup - Burning software?

compumac 15:16 19 Oct 2009

I used Nero to schedule back of my data at 10:00 daily to one hard disc and then again at 10:30 to another hard disc. The backup consisted of one directory with its subdirectories and any revised files were overwritten and any files that were deleted were also removed from the backup. Nero refer to this as Update as opposed to differential or incremental.
This gave me an exact replica of my data in one folder but also held in two locations. This worked quite well for some months and then for some reason Nero had changed to create incremental backups, which I did not want. This scenario was repeated several times after erasing backups and starting again completely.

At this time I am using AllWay Sync and synchronising the data and it appears to work well. However at this time I do not have Nero or any other burning software on my PC’s and am contemplating obtaining the latest version of Nero which would also include the backup utility, but I would like to clarify as to why Nero did not continue to UPDATE backup’s as opposed to incremental/differential?
Also any recommendations on burning software?

Splodge 15:25 19 Oct 2009

Read my post just above yours.

I use Acronis TrueImage 10 and have done so for many tears. You can download it. They may give a trial period!

compumac 15:29 19 Oct 2009

splodge
I already use Acronis 11 for creating system images and have been thankful for it on many, many occasions. It is not really what I am looking for in this instance. Nevertheless thanks for your prompt input

JanetO 16:00 19 Oct 2009

Ashampoo free is good click here

compumac 20:59 19 Oct 2009

Bump anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone