NERO 7 WORTH BUYING

iqs 11:39 19 Apr 2006

Hello.I was wondering if NERO 7 is worth buying,and will it burn DVD's.More importantly is IncD optional when installing.Presently I have NERO 5 which I'm very happy with.It just lacks the option to burn DVD's.Cheers,IQS

Shortstop 11:54 19 Apr 2006

Yes, it will burn DVDs and InCD was an option to install on mine - but I bought the full product rather than an upgrade/OEM so I can't speak for those

Personally, the layout changed too much from Nero 6 & I purchased Roxio EasyMedia Creator, which I found an easier product to use and packed with USEFUL add-ons - but I guess it is horses for courses!

HTH

Paul

musopoet 11:57 19 Apr 2006

A really good package which I use is WAVLAB 5.0.

You should be able to pick this up cheaply as I think the new version is 7.0.

It's a professional piece of software and provides outstanding results for both DVD and CD burning.

Bagsey 12:51 19 Apr 2006

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isnt WAVLAB5 an audio program. Will it burn Video files.???

vinnyT 13:10 19 Apr 2006

I'm using nero 5.5.10.56 (the last update to the 5 version, I think), download from click here.

This DOES burn dvds, I was using it this morning to archive disk images.

Hope this helps.

vinnyT 13:13 19 Apr 2006

Sorry, just re-read your post and seen you're using 5 not 5.5

Stuartli 13:31 19 Apr 2006

You can still update Nero5 to 5.5 from the Nero website.

musopoet 13:35 19 Apr 2006

Yes; you are correct - I use it in my home recording studio - but it has the facility to import DVD files and also burn.

FatboySlim71 00:01 20 Apr 2006

I wouldnt waste your money buying Nero 7. I own Nero 7 and Nero 6.6.1.4. I have used Nero 6.6.1.4 for ages and have not had a single problem with anything I have burned.

I used Nero 7 (and it was up to date) and I was sick and tiried of music that I had burned jumping and sticking, I then re done the same disc and used the same brand of cdr, but this time I done it with Nero 6.6.1.4, and the problems I had with Nero 7 had gone, the disc played spot on, there was no skipping jumping, several friends I know own both versions of Nero and they all say that Nero 6... is miles better, more reliable and some say quicker at burning as well.

GaT7 00:34 20 Apr 2006

Many users not too keen on v7 here either click here (3 pages).

Why not try it first for free click here - being a trial/demo, I'm not too sure of the limitations though.

If all goes well & you must have it, consider an inexpensive OEM version at around £11 (all incl) from click here (OEM is usually a cut-down version, but will be sufficient for most users). G

iqs 20:40 20 Apr 2006

Hello and thank you all for your replys.From what was said I don't think I will purchases Nero 7.I have just download update 5.5.10.56.The only options I can see for burning DVD's is the options to burn Video Cd's etc.Am I missing something or is this the correct icons?.Secondly my Freecom External DVD RW is still not recognised as a burning device,just source.
Cheers,Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?