Nero 7 will not uninstall

Ted Bovis 16:09 07 Jan 2012

I recently tried to install Nero 7 essentials on my new desktop ( Windows 7), not realising that it was old, bundled software from an old computer. I have tried to uninstall it using the add/remove program and tried downloading the clean up tool from Neros website but neither work. A dialogue box pops up saying " Internal Error. Custom Action DLL crashed on last call in functionNero Ag-UnregisterComEx` The installer must now exit. Crash Thread ID 5968 Current Thread ID 5908. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

birdface 16:14 07 Jan 2012

Maybe install it again if you can then download Revo Uninstaller and remove it that way.

You would need to use Setting 4 to remove it completely and only delete things in dark black.

sunnystaines 17:00 07 Jan 2012

I had a problem with nero and w7 about a year ago nero reg entries would reappear after being deleted. i found the answer on another forum but update the my pca post on the result.

i used a free program called registrar lite to get shot of the nero leftovers, regassin and other software for deleting difficult items all failed with nero.

not sure if my old thread will still be in the archives.

Ted Bovis 19:02 10 Jan 2012

Thank you for the advice. I finally cured the problem with Crap Cleaner ( CCleaner off Filehippo.com ) I`ve had this program for years and did not realise that it also cleans unwanted registry.

catpwss 20:24 10 Jan 2012

You could try this its very good for cleaning out any nero leftovers. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Nero-General-Clean-Tool.shtml...Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires