Nero 7 problem

Teasle 12:37 05 Feb 2007

I have been using Nero for a while but recently I have started to experience problems when using it. My pc begins to freeze and consequently, I am unable to burn anything. When I look at the task manager, I see that my CPU is 100% in use and 97% or more of the usage is due to something called NMIndexStoreSvr.exe. Is this a Nero program?.
I use WXP and Nero 7.5.9
Is there anything I can do, other than uninstall Nero and started using another product??(I like Nero :))
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Kate B 12:43 05 Feb 2007

Have you done scans for spyware, viruses and trojans? They are the kind of thing that will cause your processor to work like a hamster on speed.

Teasle 12:50 05 Feb 2007

Yes I regularly run Ad-Aware and Spybot and I have AVG on my pc. It only happens when I open Nero.....this is why I think it is connected with them somehow.

pj123 12:51 05 Feb 2007
  Teasle 13:00 05 Feb 2007

Oh thank you. Hopefully this will sort it.
Cheers.

Teasle 13:12 11 Feb 2007

Just completeing this thread by saying that I managed to sort the problem of Nero Scout by deleting a couple of files from the Window/common files/ahead directory. It was the only way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?