nero 7 or new roxio media creator ?

chippy+ 09:19 23 Dec 2005

i have nero 7 but have heard roxio media creator 8 getting good reports has anyone tried it thanks chippy

Shortstop 10:12 23 Dec 2005

Hi,

I have used Nero for years and, like you, heard great things about Roxio 8 from friends but never bothered to switch.

Last year my daughter bought me a new DVD-RW drive bundled with Nero 7 that needed to write DVDs. To be honest, I don't like the new layout as the menus seem busy & complicated. Went to see my son who has Roxio 8 & I was impressed with what I saw and how the various suites are so well integrated, has idiot-proof [to me anyhow] set up & an easy to follow process.

I have now bought this myself & ditched Nero and am much happier with this. To be honest, this is a major change as, before Nero 7, I saw no reason to ever change and enjoyed the comfort of knowing the program & how to use it. It seemed to complicated to learn again.

But I'm glad I did!

HTH

Paul

Shortstop 10:13 23 Dec 2005

Why is ityou spot the mistakes once you press 'send'??

"heard great things about Roxio 8 from friends" should read "heard great things about Roxio from friends" !

chippy+ 13:02 23 Dec 2005

Hi Shortstop
thanks for the reply I like yourself find nero to busy and am not completely happy with it I have two pcs networked so i will try roxio in one and see what I think is best for me. there is also a small free stand alone cd/dvd burner for anyone not requiring all the extras it is called micro20 and can fit on a floppy as it is an exe thanks again Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?