nero 7 how to burn avi file to disc

chrisjohn 20:13 29 Sep 2007

nero says unable to decode file,it plays ok on media player but i want to burn to disc

Zorgalite 20:19 29 Sep 2007

Just checking, but do you have nero "Vision Express" installed as part of Nero. This does not come as standard with all Nero packages. If you dont have this part installed you will be unable to encode the avi file to DVD. But there is other freeware tools you can use (but I cant remember) avi2dvd rings a bell though.
Regards.

chrisjohn 20:21 29 Sep 2007

no i dont think i have nero vision express

try DVD flick
click here

Zorgalite 20:31 29 Sep 2007

You will know if you have it or not, it will be in the list of applications on the left hand side when you open Nero Start Smart, allong with nero burning rom, nero express, wave editor, nero back it up, nero show time, etc etc.

chrisjohn 22:10 29 Sep 2007

ok iv got nero vision on the lhs when i open it it says nero vision 4 is that correct....thanx everyone for ur help

€dstowe 22:18 29 Sep 2007

If you're happy retaining the format as AVI (i.e. not converting) then just burn as a data file.

I keep all the commercial video work done here as AVI master files and convert to DVD format as and when necessary. An AVI file takes up much less disk space than one in DVD format for use on a conventional DVD player.

chrisjohn 22:21 29 Sep 2007

ok so i use nero and burn it as data file will that play on dvd player

€dstowe 22:31 29 Sep 2007

Depends on the player. Some modern DVD players will play AVI/WMV/MPEG files.

I wasn't quite clear from the information in your first post whether you wanted DVD format of just to be able to burn the file to disk.

If you want DVD format and Nero won't do it then *Raven*'s suggestion should work - there are several others as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?