Nero 6 not working on XP?

Jimi_L 19:27 18 Feb 2006

Hi, I’ve just tried to used Nero Express 6 on Windows Xp for the first time and Nero tells me it cant work on this version of windows every time I go to burn a disk…which is really odd because I used to have a much older version working on XP with no problems…It then told me to visit the Nero website to get a version that works on my PC but I think have to buy it? Well I couldn’t find, on any version on there website, a bit saying what version OS they run on…I got this version of windows with my RW drive and I’m sure Nero 6 that is a more modern version would work on XP…I know it works on 98 because it was on 98 originally.

I’m very confused on this and I’ve been looking for my older version of Nero all day so I’m also a little annoyed lol…

Please can you help me? Have you encountered this problem before with Nero?

Regards,

James.

Totally-braindead 19:34 18 Feb 2006

It could be a compatability issue if you have SP2 installed, I have Nero 6 and it certainly works with XP but I did have to update it.

Totally-braindead 19:36 18 Feb 2006

Have a look here click here

Totally-braindead 19:37 18 Feb 2006

Sorry meant here click here

Jimi_L 19:50 18 Feb 2006

hmmm...my XP isn't yet updated as i havent put it on the web yet, mabye that be the problem, i'll get it connected and have a look...

Cheers for replys,

- James.

john-232317 20:10 18 Feb 2006

Update nero as well ;-)

Mr Mistoffelees 20:42 18 Feb 2006

My version of Nero 6 also refuses to work with Windows xP SP2. The solution after reinstalation is simply to get the newest updates from click here These updates are free.

Jimi_L 02:34 19 Feb 2006

Got me new updates!, i've updated both XP and Nero 6, Nero works if i want to copy a CD but when i go to make a Audio CD the .wav file of my recorded song i made in Cakewalk cant be recognized by Nero, well it tells me that it might work with the right Plug-ins? confused on that as i'm sure Nero should be able to burn .wav format, it has the option too...

I don't know..., all this fuss...and all I wanted to do was put my created music to disk...lol

Regards,

James.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires