nero 5.5 Burning film to dvd problem.

geordielad307 06:44 25 May 2003

Downloaded a film, which plays perfectly on the computer. Tried, with Nero 5.5 to make a copy to CD. When installing Nero 5.5 everything is OK, until I try to activate the programme, and then an "extraction-process" begins. Eventually all seemed Ok, so started to burn the film to CD...it took four hours , and now when putting the disc in the dvd player, it cannot find the disc. All other dvd'S play OK in the same dvd player. Incudentally, the film has a normal playing time of about 2 hours. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-pops- 06:56 25 May 2003

It's not easy putting a 2 hour film on to a CD without huge compression. Are you discussing CD or DVD or both?

Could you explain a little more of the procedure you are using?

Brian

geordielad307 11:40 25 May 2003

Hi pops, I think perhaps I may be using the incorrect cd's to try burning the film. My major problem, apart from not knowing much about computers, is that the programme I am using is all in German. ( I am in Germany. )I have burned music cd's without problem, but this is my first attept to burn a movie. Do I need another type of disc to burn movies?
ps....The film was downloaded to Windows Media Player, direct from the 'Net and plays perfect on the computer.

-pops- 11:48 25 May 2003

To burn anything like two hours worth you definitely need to do this on to a DVD which requires a DVD burner.

Nero will certainly burn DVD disks but not on a CD burner.

Have a look on the Nero site to download the English help files. Try click here and direct to Utilities and Language Pack. you should find an English version.

geordielad307 20:35 25 May 2003

Thanks Pops for your help. I think you are definitely correct in your diagnosis. I will have to buy a dvd burner.Thanks for the info. Geordielad307.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?