Nero 5 problem

triflesterms 10:31 30 Sep 2007

Hi

Ive just installed nero 5 on my new pc which is supposed to have a dvd writer, but when i go to burn anything to disc its only giving me the option to burn an image, not sure what this mean?

hope someone can help?

Thanx

Stuartli 10:36 30 Sep 2007

If you correctly state Nero5, then it's way behind the times...:-)

You will need at least Nero6 and to update it to the latest version (6.6.1.15c) from the Ahead or Nero website.

clayton 10:41 30 Sep 2007

Isnt nero 8 out now ?

Have a read here for tips using Nero click here

MIke 11:20 30 Sep 2007

I have Nero 6 bundled with my writer, I used to have v 5 and if I remember the interface is very similar.

In the menu bar of Nero's main window their should be a drop down menu listing the drive(s) you have installed.

One of the options is image recorder. Is that what you are seeing? if so you need to change it to your dvd writer, by clicking on the downward pointing arrow.

An image by the way is just a way of making a file on your hard drive that you can the use to burn a cd. Useful if you want to make several copies, or even as a backup in case your cd goes bad.

Hope this helps.

Mike

triflesterms 11:22 30 Sep 2007

ive just installed a copy of nero digital pro 3.1.0.16 but i cant see any options to burn audio cds or data, also is this program enough to burn movies to dvd or will i need to download something else to get the job done?
This is first time ive ever tried to burn movies so im a total novice.
Also how good is this program? or should i be using something else?

Thanx

MIke 11:25 30 Sep 2007

Forgot to add Ashampoo Burning studio 6 or 7 is a very easy piece of software to use if you find Nero too bloated. V 6 was available on a PC Advisor cover disc a while back. I now use it in preference to Nero as it is much more straightforward to use. Nero has become pretty bloated with each new release.

MIke 11:31 30 Sep 2007

I'm not sure but I don't think Nero digital is burning software. It's a video compression and video player suite as far as I'm aware. You'd still need Nero to burn your video to DVD.

Incidentally Ashampoo Burning studio 7 does have the facility to burn movies.You can a free trial from click here

Though if you are trying to copy copy protected DVD's none of the commercially available programs will allow this due to copyright laws.

triflesterms 14:55 30 Sep 2007

ok thanx, but i dont understand in nero5 it say image recorder?
What is this saying about my writer?
you would of thought that i could still burn audio cds, its supposed to be dvd writer but when i go into system manager it just says dvd ram??

pj123 18:07 30 Sep 2007

Nero 5 does not support DVD burning.

You will need to get Nero 6 at least.

Try this:

click here

pj123 18:07 30 Sep 2007

Nero 5 does not support DVD burning.

You will need to get Nero 6 at least.

Try this:

click here

pj123 18:08 30 Sep 2007

Buy it and then go to the Nero website click here and update it to the latest version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?