Neovo Monitor Power Problem

nar 16:36 14 Jun 2007

My Neovo f-417 (flat panel) keeps switching itself off!

Was on for an hour or two and then it started going on and off. on for a while then the light goes out and then the screen. light back on then off then on then the picture is back then goes again!! etc etc and so on.

I know its not the pc as i switched it off and the monitor continued to do so for ages after tith no signal going through from the base unit.

I suspect heat but its been on for alot longer (up to 10 hours) before....

very anoying can you help?

Squirrel1 20:12 14 Jun 2007

I have recently had a problem with a Neovo monitor.
The unit powered up fine and displayed a picture but after a very short time the screen went blank, or appeared to go blank. On closer inspection I found it was the screen backlight was going off. This was traced, by substitution, to the power supply unit being defective.
Try Another power supply and see how you get on.

nar 11:03 20 Jun 2007

Cheers squirrel for getting back, any idea what power supply i should substitute it with??

regards

Squirrel1 17:51 29 Jun 2007

The Neovo monitor I had the power supply problem with ran off 12v DC @ 2A positive centre pin.
Obviously check the voltage and polarity before connecting any power supply or you will blow the unit up!
The model I had the problem with was a X-17.

If The unit has a 'kettle' IEC lead then the power supply will be built in the monitor which will need to go for repair by an electronic engineer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?