negative scanner help

paulhis777 02:29 16 Mar 2015

hello i wish to buy a negative scanner but they are so many out i don't want a cheap one around the £100 i have found many old negatives from my auntie from the very small ones to very big one 2"x 3" ? i need a scanner that can scan many sizes
any help please thanks paul

john bunyan 09:38 16 Mar 2015

Here you are; it does more or less everything, from negatives, slides and normal copying. Doesn't print, though.

Canonscan 9000F Mk11

Review

It is about £160. I have an older 8000F

Daisy_Michael 10:16 16 Mar 2015

Consider eBay or Amazon at click here & click here - They have a great range of negative scanners listed at them.

john bunyan 10:50 16 Mar 2015

Beware the cheapos. You get what you pay for; the resolution on some of the cheap ones is poor - look at detailed specs first.

paulhis777 01:37 19 Mar 2015

hello thanks for your advice what do you think about this type of scanner better than a flatbed scanner or not ? thanks Paul

click here

paulhis777 01:39 19 Mar 2015

sorry could you click on the link in my last post to view scanner which i like !

john bunyan 09:37 19 Mar 2015

The fact is that the smaller the source, the higher the scanning level is required. The product you mention talks of 14 megapixels, but on a 35mm neg that is not much, and it relies on software to increase it. The Canon will scan optically to much higher levels. I do recommend reading the reviews on both products via Google etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?