need usb 2.0 controller driver i think

shauny36 18:10 30 Dec 2006

when i go into device manager there is a explination mark next to usb controller and i cant update driver or roll back driver so do i need to download the driver.
have tried looking for the driver but not sure which is the right one.
am running win xp (no sp)

also cant get keyboard to work properly the @ only comes on when i press ctrl and 2 instead of the other key, and some other keys are mixed up.

Totally-braindead 18:15 30 Dec 2006

Regarding the keyboard first, its setup for English US not English UK and you change to change that under control panel, regionl and language options.

The USB controller, assumming its the one on the motherboard, the driver for it will be on your motherboard disk. If you have a problem with this then post the make and model of your motherboard or if its a branded computer the make and model of the computer and someone will be able to give you a link to download it.

mymate 18:16 30 Dec 2006

Uninstall the driver for the usb.boot up computer and Windows will install it for you again.

shauny36 11:09 01 Jan 2007

tried the uninstall but that didnt work.
so how do i find out wich motherboard it is so i can get help downloading the usb driver

Miké 11:27 01 Jan 2007

Install sp1 or better!

terryf 11:45 01 Jan 2007

Firstly install sp1 and sp2 as Miké suggests, if not on b'band, try to download 30mb (sp1) 266mb (sp2) at a friend or library to a CD and install. To find out mobo details download click here and run it, it is completely harmless and will tell you lots of technical details about your system so that you will be able to answer questions on the forum

Totally-braindead 13:02 01 Jan 2007

Reread what you said and what the others have said. In order to get your USB to work at USB 2.0 speeds you need at least SP1 so you will have to download it. As far as I know there isn't a fix, you need SP1.
If you're not on BB then if you contact me using the envelope next to my username giving your name and address I will copy my SP1 disk and send it to you if you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?