Need to urgently change photos resolution

Cesare 15:02 06 Nov 2008

I need urgently to send in some photos for publishing at a high resolution. I do not know how to increase the resolution without distorting the picture. Any quick ideas please ?

hssutton 15:13 06 Nov 2008

In your editor just go to "Image">>" Image Size" and adjust the resolution setting, this will not distort your image.

Bear in mind increasing the resolution will increase your image size and therefore the quality will be reduced.

ventanas 15:15 06 Nov 2008

click here Some ideas.
But not always successful, the only sure way is to re-shoot at the higher res. It depends how much you want to increase by.

What is the current resolution and what do you want to increase to.

Cesare 15:46 06 Nov 2008

sorry for not answering right away. I was reading Ventanas ideas etc. Finally I think that I succeeded in doing it from 72dpi to 300. I am waiting for a reply from the publisher to see if it's OK.
Thanks

David4637 18:06 06 Nov 2008

Doing what you have done will probably not be acceptable to the publisher, as the quality will be poor. David

Pineman100 18:56 06 Nov 2008

If you're increasing the resolution from 72dpi to 300dpi, you should really reduce the physical size to about a third of its original at the same time.

You can't create the missing data - you can only "squash" the pixels closer together.

Cesare 08:21 09 Nov 2008

Pineman100. thanks. The publisher said it's OK. dpi300 but I did not resize it. It was enormous on my screen. I did not know that I can resize it without effecting the dpi. Maybe they resized it themselves. Anyway I will wait till the 22nd to see the result on the magazine. Thanks to all.

Pineman100 15:47 13 Nov 2008

If your thread's finished, please tick and click Resolved.

Cesare 16:12 13 Nov 2008

strange because I did tick it with my last thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?