Need an Uninstaller?

johndrew 10:19 15 Jun 2007

There have been a number of posts recently by people who have had problems uninstalling programs. Giveaway of the Day are offering this uninstaller for a limited period free of charge. I`ve not tried it so I don`t know if it`s any good or not.

click here

MichelleC 10:32 15 Jun 2007

Thanks.

Andy1991 11:01 15 Jun 2007

There are always ways to uninstall with out a program, but manually, if u a re prepared to go that far into your system.

mad1234 11:05 15 Jun 2007

Andy1991
why go to the far end of a fart when a program can do it for you & there is no chance of deleting something your not supposed to & finding that your pc won't boot anymore

thanks johndrew

Andy1991 11:23 15 Jun 2007

I've done it before with no problems, but yes, program can do that for you but the good ones always need a charge, and they don't do it for unless they are from the author of the program they just use the uninstaller that was provided with the program more efficiently. When I make my program i always make sure i publish MY OWN uninstallers for them, as windows unisntall is not very good.

Andy1991 11:24 15 Jun 2007

You can always know what to delete specifically, and what to uregistrer as shares and dll's via ms-dos

spuds 11:25 15 Jun 2007

Apparently this programme is a 'seek all and selected remover', which could prove beneficial to some computer users. Worth a try, it is free but time limited.

ambra4 11:47 15 Jun 2007

To uninstall programs that do not have a uninstall program go to click here and download My Uninstall 3.0 the best uninstall program on the market will also uninstall Norton Antivirus.And forget Microsoft uninstall program which is crap and leave a lot of files on the HD so that Bill can keep a check on what was installed, it free and do not install itself on your pc

brundle 12:15 15 Jun 2007

Without this turning into a war over what is best, MyUninst is very handy but only uses the program's bundled uninstaller or the Microsoft Installer. I use it often, but it's just a smaller alternative to Add/Remove Programs with a few bells and whistles.
Only uninstall programs that actually monitor each installation for new files and registry entries will catch more than a plain add/remove program provided by the application itself. Older versions of System Mechanic had something called Safe Installer which did what I describe, don't know if it still does.
Anyway, any freebie is worth having if it helps someone out.

MichelleC 12:21 15 Jun 2007

then NSW's uninstaller/deleter can wipe to government stds, so no trace of what was deleted can ever be recovered.

Andy1991 12:27 15 Jun 2007

my god, soon you all a going to find out where each over lives and draw blood from each over torsoe, Have a look at this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?