Need to uninstall kaspersky anti virus 6.0 urgenty

julius44 12:10 27 Feb 2007

Hello all, and firstly can i say thanks for all the help i've recieved recently.....but now i have a HUGE problem. Firstly i installed the kaspersky 6.0 anti virus 6.0 from download.com for 30 days, its up now but i CANNOT seem to uninstall it from my pc, as i want to install the 6 months free kaspersky internet security 6.0 that comes with the latest edition of pc advisor...but it tells me that i have to completely remove the anti virus first...so when i go to ms config, and untick it,,,,it tells me access denied, and when i try and remove it from control panel, it tells me that i must close kaspersky anti virus 6.0 b4 proceeding, BUT its not open....but it still shows in the bottom right hand corner of my pc.....pls, pls, tell me how to COMPLETELY remove this also when i switch on my pc, as the blue windows logo appears....the kaspersky logo appears for about 5 secs in the top right hand corner of my pc..which i find, very straight...like its now "embedded" in my pc.....pls help

VoG II 12:14 27 Feb 2007

Go into Safe Mode click here then disable it from the Startup tab in msconfig.

birdface 12:48 27 Feb 2007

Make sure its not running in the quick start,Dont know if this helps.click here

pennyben 13:28 27 Feb 2007

Go to the Kaspersky forums as this has been an issue and an uninstall tool is available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone