Need some advice on FOUND NEW HARDWARE

ZEROTOLERANCE 12:21 09 Nov 2004

i have a bear paw 2400cu+ scanner its been connected for about 6months with no probs. however about 4 days ago i restarted my comp and i got the message found new hardware to install etc etc, i thought maybe one of my kids had accidentaly uninstalled it, so i tryed to reinstall it,[which it wouldnt allow]
onchecking the scanner i found it was still installed and working. but everytime i restart the comp now,
it gives me the ""found new hardware"" message asking if i want to install the scanner again??

Any ideas or suggestions would be very handy

thanx in advance

ZT

recap 12:23 09 Nov 2004

Did you uninstall it before trying to reinstall it? If not I would try uninstalling the device first.

iambeavis 12:35 09 Nov 2004

I had the same problem with my tablet mouse which has been installed for 6 months. On Friday the "found new hardware" wizard decided that it was new and started to pop up whenever I switched the computer on. I clicked cancel every time but it continued to pop up so, last night, I allowed it to do as it wished by way of installing the tablet and I've had no problem since.

ZEROTOLERANCE 12:35 09 Nov 2004

no i havnt, because i assumed it had become uninstalled, i didnt bother,
an then when i found it was "still" installed!!!!.

so, even though its still installed, you think just uninstall and reinstall may do the trick then i presume, yes?

ZT

ZEROTOLERANCE 12:37 09 Nov 2004

thanx,

i did try to let it install, but it goes through the proccess, then it must realise its still installed an quits???????

jack 14:21 09 Nov 2004

Looks like. Uninstall/close down- not restart/ wait a bit/restart/reinstall.
Should do it
j

ZEROTOLERANCE 18:14 10 Nov 2004

thanx all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?