need a site transfer

g.1.g 22:33 15 Jan 2003
  g.1.g 22:33 15 Jan 2003

Hi
I was wondering if anyone could help I have a paid to read website with members and I recently asked a programmer to transfer my site from one hosting company to another but for the last 2 days he has not been available and My domain is now pointing to the new destination so the site is down does anyone know anywhere I can hire a programmer ASAP
thanks in advance

Djohn 22:39 15 Jan 2003

Can't help, but wish you loads of luck, I'm missing my little avatar already.

User-312386 22:53 15 Jan 2003

can you not upload the site to the new domain?

g.1.g 22:58 15 Jan 2003

hi madboy33
Do you know how to do that? the price for transferring sites is $20-$30 so if you want to do it for me. I can pay you

User-312386 23:13 15 Jan 2003

would not want payment, but need to know a couple of things

1 do you know the name of the new server and have you the passwords?

2 have you the complete website on disc?

madboy33

p.s we may be able to talk you through it on this

what O/S have you?

g.1.g 23:25 15 Jan 2003

I do know all the info for both servers but have not got the site on disk I bought the script already installed it is a php with mysql I have done a back up that is all

Forum Editor 00:03 16 Jan 2003

been deleted from the original server? If it hasn't, why not arrange for it to run there for a few more days, and ask the new host to arrange web forwarding for the domain? At least you can then carry on while you wait for the transfer to be carried out as arranged.

If you have a database - driven site you'll need some server-side configuration. The figure of $20/$30 for transferring the site is ridiculously cheap, and I'm surprised you have found anyone to do it for that. Have you checked with the new host that it will be OK to run your own script on their server?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?