In need of a Q6600 Cooler..

toon_mad 11:06 02 Nov 2008

As recently mentioned, with I am Spartacus if i remember, i wanted a new cooler or heatsink of sorts. My Q6600 fitted on a Asus P5N-E SLI is generating on stock between 40-50 obviously rising up as much to 53 or so degree on heavy load. Please advise on a good aftermarket part, price range £10-£30, i need these temps down quite a bit. A tad pricy sparatcus recently posted :)

Cheers

toon_mad 11:08 02 Nov 2008

Would click here work with my cpu/mboard? Could i add a heatsink with it aswell?

toon_mad 11:11 02 Nov 2008

This also seems very good, if it fits my pc? click here

toon_mad 12:02 02 Nov 2008

Also can any fan, heatsink fit? How can i determine what will fit?

Cheers

I am Spartacus 12:08 02 Nov 2008

Cheep and cheerful click here Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro. Not as good as a Thermaright Ultra Extreme and the fan is very noisy on full speed. It is better than the stock heatsink though. You can modify it to take a standard fan.

I am Spartacus 12:15 02 Nov 2008

Cheap even!

toon_mad 13:10 02 Nov 2008

Thanks, your a real help, i was looking at click here pricier than i wanted to pay, not sure if to get the one you suggested, or pay extra and be done.

What temps could i get lower with both, would there be much difference?

Cheers I am Spartacus

I am Spartacus 13:15 02 Nov 2008

If you're spending that amount a TRUE would be better, however you have to remove the motherboard to fit the mounting backplate.

The Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro uses the crap push pin mounting system so you don't need to remove the motherboard, you do need to check though that all the pins are firmly clicked into place.

From memory the TRUE knocked around 15ºC off the load temperatures on my Q6600 overclocked to 3.3GHz. At idle there's only a couple of degrees difference.

toon_mad 13:24 02 Nov 2008

Removing the mboard is something i dont really want to do with a newish pc, is there any similiar to the Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro you suggested? Also i should mention my current fan is blue, could i still keep it blue, or is that just the holder that is blue?

I am Spartacus 13:35 02 Nov 2008

The Zalman CNPS9700 Also needs motherboard removal to fit. Review at click here

I am Spartacus 13:36 02 Nov 2008

Although I like lights I would go for cooling over looks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?