need to no

zebmonkey 20:33 31 Oct 2006

i dont no what a IP is or a dns and i need to find this out to sort out my email.

Ikelos 20:36 31 Oct 2006

what is the problem with the email side of things.

VoG II 20:40 31 Oct 2006
  phono 20:42 31 Oct 2006

IP is short for Internet Protocol, it is like a "set of rules" that govern how computers communicate across the Internet.

DNS is Short for Domain Name System (or Service or Server), it is an Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses.

Because domain names are alphabetic, they're easier to remember. The Internet however, is really based on IP addresses. Every time you use a domain name, therefore, a DNS service must translate the name into the corresponding IP address. For example, the domain name click here might translate to 198.105.232.4.

The DNS system is, in fact, its own network. If one DNS server doesn't know how to translate a particular domain name, it asks another one, and so on, until the correct IP address is returned.

zebmonkey 20:42 31 Oct 2006

im trying to send email to my father and he is on aol and im on talk talk and he cant get any emails from me. my father found this out from aol.

Error 421 DNS:NR

421 DNS:NR
click here
EXPLANATION:

Reverse DNS lookup for your IP address is failing. AOL does require that all connecting Mail Transfer Agents have established reverse DNS.

SOLUTION:

Reverse DNS is a way of associating an IP address with its domain name. The reverse DNS identifier is contained in the PTR portion of the IP Zone File. You may look at your reverse DNS using our reverse DNS search tool.

If you are on a dynamic IP address, please call your ISP and request a static IP address with proper rDNS before attempting to send mail to AOL through that server.

If you are on a static IP address, please call your ISP or DNS provider and ask them to establish a reverse DNS record for your IP address, reflecting your correct domain name.

For additional information on reverse DNS, please visit click here .

phono 21:48 31 Oct 2006

Can anyone else get emails from you?

Audeal 22:17 31 Oct 2006

To test you e-mail Send and Receive system just send yourself a "Test" e-mail and see if you receive it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?