need new sound card

Nixsound 23:46 02 Mar 2007

I want a new sound card.
I have a nice stereo system and I want to connect my computer to it once again. I have had a sound blaster card for many years and now due to moving house so often, is broken.
I don't really want 5.1 or 7.1 etc, I just want high quality sound from a card that does no more than that. can anyone help me? I can elaborate further upon enquiry.

Stuartli 09:46 03 Mar 2007

Something on the lines of (?):

click here

It's an OEM card so you don't have to pay extra for fancy retail packing etc.

Nixsound 12:28 03 Mar 2007

thanks stuartli for your response. I like that sound card, but it just wondered if there was a less complicated, dedicated sound card that just has a stereo output. I don't need 5.1 surround or any other outputs, just stereo two speaker out. Any other ideas?

vinnyT 12:45 03 Mar 2007

If you have on-board audio on your mobo (Enjoy music and movies in surround sound on stereo speakers or headphones with X-Fi CMSS-3D), then this is worth a look click here

Or, Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio Sound Card OEM, a cut down ver of x-fi Music, click here

Stuartli 16:34 03 Mar 2007

I doubt if there are too many stereo only sound cards around - you can, however, still buy OEM versions of the Creative SoundBlaster Live! for under £20 if you hunt around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?