need new mother board, question.

wky 19:06 15 Dec 2006

hey all, somethin's up with my mother board, so i need it replaced, got a quote for £100 but i can do it for much cheaper, as I built the pc. I didn't know which model board it was so I looked on the board itself and I got an msi k8t neo, I looked on click here and found an msi k8t neo-v, but the image on there looks a bit different to my board. I thought it might be the upgraded version, what I want to know is, will that one work on my computer? and will the software mostly work? I'll probably do a clean install after anyway, as I need to grab some files off the hard disk first. So any suggestions? shall i buy that one? thanks for any help.

wky 19:07 15 Dec 2006

MSI K8T Neo-V Skt754 DDR AGP LAN SATA RAID ATX here's the full title of the one i'm looking at.

wky 20:41 15 Dec 2006

???

Terry Brown 21:16 15 Dec 2006

As you build the original, I presume you have all the original software disks, re-build your machine with the motherboard of your choice, then when it re-starts, your graphic display will (proberly)be wrong, goto to device manager,display, un-install the current graphics and load in the new. There should be no problem, as for the XP install, unless it is OEM (machine specific), it should be OK.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?