Need new keyboard - help

pavvi 21:16 25 Feb 2006

I managed to kill part of my dell inspiron 6000 keyboard. I have had the laptop looked at and the guys that looked at it are fairly convinced that it is just the keyboard. Some of the buttons don't work at all and some of the buttons work just a little to well if you know what I mean. I have been trying to source a keyboard and praying that it won't cost too much. I have found some around for the inspiron 2500 but don't know whether these will fit my 6000? Any suggestions (the people that looked at it suspect something was spilt on the keyboard, it was working fine until I picked the laptop up with wet hands from doing the washing up!!!

Jackcoms 21:22 25 Feb 2006

Suggest that you buy a pair of rubber gloves.

Wear them when doing the washing up and remove before touching laptop next time.

Joe R 21:30 25 Feb 2006

pavvi,

won't any usb keyboard do the job.?

Joe R 21:31 25 Feb 2006

That should read " portable usb keyboard"

pavvi 21:38 25 Feb 2006

Yes I learnt that lesson pretty hard, but hey, too late now...., I have considered a portable usb keyboard which I will use if costs are prohibitive....

cyberphobic 21:45 25 Feb 2006

one here for sale on ebay

click here

Joe R 21:49 25 Feb 2006

pavvi,

this should do the job. click here

pavvi 10:22 26 Feb 2006

Cheers for that at the moment it looks like I'll be contrradicting my normal hatred of ebay....I have had a look at his feedback and there is a lot of good feedback on there for sales..... I'd sooner pay 69 inc vat than 89+vat!!!!

pavvi 18:01 27 Feb 2006

I've ordered one via tjl.co.uk for 75 including vat, they use worldpay who are part of Royal bank of scotland, so paid a similar price to fleabay...thanks for your help will now tick the resolved bit....

pavvi 18:02 27 Feb 2006

ticked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?