Need more space!!

breville01 18:22 21 Jan 2008

I have a Dell 3100 Pc and are running out of space on my 80gb hard drive so need to expand. The data is rather precious and my 1st thought was to get a 320gb+ external drive but have heard mixed reports on their stabilty. Should i just upgrade my internal drive and how easy is it to transfer data or can you recommend a reliable external one?? Please any pro's and cons also??

kindly 18:28 21 Jan 2008

I bought an external hard drive to supplement my 60gig on the laptop. It has its own power supply. Although this in a sence stops you from being totally mobil but you can save a lot of stuff onto it. If you are in or around your house then you probably connected to a power supply on the laptop anyway. This way more space can be kept on the laptop HD.
If you have a DVD burner then you can use this to store stuff aswell. You can get external drives that use power through the USB port so still stay totally mobil.
Do a google for the different types. Hope this helps a little.

rawprawn 18:29 21 Jan 2008

There should be no problem with an external Hard drive, choose a good reputable make and buy the biggest you can afford.
I can recomend this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone