Need LCD power supply

phillyw 12:25 03 Jul 2006

Hi all...just been given an AOC LM720A lcd monitor but it has no power cable,will a universal power supply work, back of monitor says 12v 3.5a ,does anyone know where i can get one?appreciate any help,thanks.

Taff™ 12:36 03 Jul 2006
  phillyw 12:50 03 Jul 2006

Thanks Taff,just had a look but can't seem to find one on there that states 12v 3.5a,do you have a product code you could give me,or should i go straight to Specsavers,LOL.cheers.

Taff™ 06:53 04 Jul 2006

I`m no expert here but the specification for that monitor is:

Power Source DC Input: 12VDC 3.5A Power Adapter Input: Universal 100~240VAC, 50/60Hz Power Adapter Output: 12VDC 5A (Max) which I found click here

The closest match in the Maplin Catalogue is click here but please, please check with Maplins before you buy.

Further information and a link to the Manuals and Drivers etc. click here

rmcqua 09:13 04 Jul 2006

I'm afraid that the power supply mentioned by Taff™ is nowhere near man enough for the job. It has a max. output current of 1Amp. Your monitor needs 3.5 Amps. minimum @ 12VDC.
You could try the one below - it looks adequate (5 Amps. output)but you will probably need to adapt the low voltage output connector to suit your monitor (be very careful about polarity)

click here

Stuartli 09:51 04 Jul 2006

Why not contact the manufacturer and check if it can supply the correct power supply?

click here

Taff™ 15:35 04 Jul 2006

Thanks for the help - I am out of my depth here hence my proviso`s. Fortunately I find the Maplin`s staff very knowledgable and always willing to help too!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?