Need (Individual) Web Design Help (not a company for hire)

GaryYantis 16:16 13 Apr 2014

Hello, My first post. To get right to it, yes, I am cheap but, mostly, 24 hours in a day is NOT enough for me. Advice to all you "young folk" out there: NEVER retire! I was forced to retire due to Lyme disease (MUCH better now and am now a "Lyme expert" if anyone needs help). "Retirement" INCREASED my responsibilities in life and all I do by MANY times! MY FAULT! I just got active on one interest after another plus could not say "no" to others as MANY others assumed "Gary is retired now - he must have lots of spare time to help us!". Originally, yes - now - NO!.

I have been working for months in what little extra time I have to create my Web site that will cover most/all of my "activities and interests" in life PLUS TO HELP OTHERS (#1 purpose of site). For several years I sent out an e-mail beginning at one subscriber but it hit 15K++ subscribers so guess I had a few things of interest to say and helping others. I overloaded my e-mail host. Thus a Web site/blog became a must. ww garyyantis com Trying to keep up with all in my life PLUS get this site fully laid out the way I want it -- I need help or I'll be another YEAR at this task!

Do any of you enjoy creating sites just for fun and satisfaction who are honest AND competent (so I can trust you with ALL my passwords etc.) to help out an old guy (66)? Smart at WP org and know Elegant Themes? Pay is not good but your help would be MOST appreciated!!! I am using WP org and Elegant Themes - current theme Vertex and GoDaddy as host.

Anyone?

Thanks for reading!

Gary in land of Oz (my home!), The Wizard (my neighbor) Dorothy (wife) and Toto (my dog) WAY out here in Twisterville, Kansas. p.s. BKTMD is May 12th (Be Kind To Muchkens Day) - my birthday. When you see one, give him or her a hug.

Forum Editor 20:44 14 Apr 2014

We don't allow forum threads to be used for any form of commercial purpose Gary, so there will be nobody offering to do anything for money here.

Any advice you're given will be free, but you'll need to be specific - what precisely do you want to do with your site? It runs unbelievably slowly at the moment, so it could do with some tweaking.

Tell us what you want to use the site for, and we'll try to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?