Need help with Wanadoo livebox please

wobblymike 13:22 30 May 2006

I am trying to help a friend fix a connection problem. basically she is totally unable to connect to the net having ben able to do so up till yesterday. On checking her system she has one of these wanadoo liveboxs the @ light and the wireless light are flashing continuously, I believe the @ light is similar to a dsl light on a normal modem and I think this is the problem. My question is this - at the side of the livebox there is a power connection and 2 telephone connections. Does it matter in which of these connections the lead from the filter goes?

ventanas 13:44 30 May 2006

Yes it does matter, one is for the filter, and one is for the voip facility. I cannot remember which is which, It will have to wait until I get home and look at mine.

ventanas 13:48 30 May 2006

click here perhaps this phot will help indentify the voip connection, and separate it from that for the filter.

ventanas 13:50 30 May 2006

By the way there should be three lights permanently on (not flashing) when it is working properly.

wobblymike 15:43 30 May 2006

ventanas

Thanks for your help I have managed to fix the problem but I'm not quite sure how - thats computing isn't it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?