Need help recovering lost E-mails and Word docs

LewGeo 17:40 28 Sep 2009

Hi all can anyone help
I have lost all my word documents and microsoft outlook emails, I have had a look online and used some demo programs to retreive my word and mail docs and after running the programs all is there to be seen but I then have to purchase the full program to get them back to there originl place.
The programs I used are Microsoft Word Recovery and Stellar Pheonix outlook pst.
Can i get these file by some other means or are the 2 programs my only option.
Many thanks for any help at all

BRYNIT 18:36 28 Sep 2009

Did you loose the the Outlook.pst file or was it corrupted.

If you have the Outlook.pst and its been corrupted do a search for scanpst.exe this program will allow you to hopefully repair the pst file. Usually fond in C:\program files\microsoft office\Office 12 if you are using Office 2007

BRYNIT 18:42 28 Sep 2009

This may help with corrupt word docs. click here

Instructions on using scanpst.exe click here

Sea Urchin 18:44 28 Sep 2009

Try using Recuva - a free file recovery program

click here

BRYNIT 21:58 28 Sep 2009

E-mail from LewGeo

Hi thanks for all the help, I think I may be getting near to the problem, it is my user account that is corrupted and I cant log on, I will put up another post for a cry for help. Sorry to message you personally but just wanted to say thanks pc-advisor is new to me and not sure what I should do or should'nt LewGeo

New post click here

LewGeo

Thank you for your E-mail

Just to help you a section from the forum rules.

Private messages – Each post will be headed with the username of the member involved, plus a small envelope icon. The icon enables you to contact an individual forum member by email – although the person’s email address will not be revealed to you at the time. Please remember that this facility is only to be used when absolutely
necessary – when privacy is important, or when the person asks you to make contact in this way. Unsolicited emails can be considered an invasion of privacy, and unless it’s really necessary you shouldn’t contact another member in this way. If you receive a message from a forum user you should remember that although that person doesn’t see your address at the time, it will be revealed if you reply to the email, so don't do that if you want to remain anonymous. Generally it’s better to conduct all correspondence regarding a problem in the forum itself, for all to see.

To read the full forum rules click on download Forum Rules next to you user name at the top of the page.

LewGeo 23:30 29 Sep 2009

Hi all thanks for all the help guys it is much appreciated.
LewGeo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017