Need help with PC Speaker buzzing

silverlol 21:54 23 Apr 2017

I have Sandstrom 2.1 SSP21BT15 PC Speakers connected to my desk top PC. These worked fine until 3 days ago when they stopped working and when turned on made a constant loud buzzing noise. I disconnected them and plugged them into my laptop and they work fine so it is not a hardware problem. I moved the speaker sound box away from the WIFI receiver in case there was interference and reconnected the speakers to the desk top. The loud buzzing is still there. I checked the system settings and the connected device for speakers comes up as Realtek High Definition Audio not as Sandstrom SSP21BT15. Search device does not show up the Sandstrom speakers. Any ideas on what I should do?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:53 24 Apr 2017

Make sure they are well away from any transformers (power supplies).

It could be a problem with the speaker jack have you tried them in the line out jack?

MJS WARLORD 14:14 24 Apr 2017

as fruit bat says try different line outs ( the green is for speakers ) you should have one front and rear as well. As for your comments on realtek try this... in sounds/playback tab right click and disable the realtec digital output and then right click/enable the one marked speakers.that should put a green tick on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires